Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Long time, no Katie

Hello once again. Where have I been? Well, I finally feel well again and the sun is usually shining. So I haven't been in the basement blogging.

The nausea is mostly gone, though I still can't seem to stand meat. Especially grilled meat. Grilled chicken is one of the grossest sights and smells of anything. And yesterday I just about passed out in first hour. I was talking to the kids and I felt dizzy, so I sat down and continued teaching. Then a black haze swam before my eyes and I said, "I'm going to lay on the floor now because I'm about to pass out." Luckily, the assistant principal happened to be observing in my classroom. So he got me my raisins and some water from my desk. Then I felt better. I was pretty embarassed, though.

I can't say I miss dancing at this point, it is nice to have free time to devote to my garden and finally my house (as it wasn't cleaned much in the first trimester).

My yard looks great! I spread mulch last weekend and decided to get the cocoa shell kind. It smells like chocolate in my yard! I need a glass of milk everytime I go outside. Plus, it looks great and it was easy to spread.

School gets out Thursday, we have a half day. It can't come soon enough. I'm done, the kids are done, we're done with each other (til next year). Next year I'm slated to teach 7th grade math, 8th grade science, and 8th grade math. I'm not exactly thrilled about getting a new prep in the year that I'll be 7 months pregnant, then gone, then have a new baby. But I'm under the illusion that I'll be doing loads of work to prepare this summer.

On the baby front, things are going well. I'm into maternity stuff. All of a sudden, I couldn't button anything. I love maternity wear; no buttons or zippers, just elastic and ease. I think I've felt the baby kick. Actually I know it. Something inside me kicked (a real John Hurt moment) but it was cool. Dave is happy to see me getting bigger (of course, my breasts are no exception and he's thrilled about that). I've ordered a crib set that I love and hope to paint the room soon this summer. I'll post a picture if I can figure out how to do that. I'm also planning on staining or painting the doors downstairs and putting up the molding. Oh, and math camp the week of June 19.

And, I'll try to post more often and try to say intelligent things instead of just baby stuff (though it is hard to resist).

1 comment:

Susan said...

We don't mind baby stuff. But I would like to see a picture of your yard! I'm totally jonesing for some dirt to play in and I'd like to live vicariously through you. Make Dave help you get a photobucket account and post some pictures, tell him I asked and used the puppy dog eyes :)