Friday, December 01, 2006

A very good birthday

Yesterday was the first day Charlotte and I were on our own; Daddy went back to work on his birthday. We had a good, and a busy, day. We went to the bf group at 12:30 and then to the mall with Jen. I was able to borrow a stroller frame that fits the baby car seat into it from Jenny Cleveland. It was fun! We were shopping for a christmas present for Daddy. We got a grill remote that alarms when your food reaches temperature. Unfortunately, daddy didn't actually want that. Even when I showed him it listed on his list in his own writing. But that's okay. It was the thought that counted.

Then we went out to eat. Our first outing since the baby! We went to Outback and I had a great time! A steak, cheese fries, and even a big beer. The baby slept. She was in the car seat pretty much all day, so she slept pretty much all day. But that's okay.

Then we went to the mall to return the bad gift and we went to Victoria's secret to get free underwear and we stopped at the jewelry store to look into upgrading my wedding rings. I think I'll take a Dave birthday like this every year!

In other news, we had a lovely visit with Dave and Susan on Wednesday afternoon and we are very much looking forward to the upcoming THanksmas holiday. It took me a couple of days to recover from the sickness. I can hardly believe how tired I was. Even going DOWN the stairs was tough. It helped me lose weight, though. I supposedly only have 10 pounds left to lose. I put on "regular" jeans today and they are tight! Of course, I haven't worn anything that didn't have spandex in the top in months. I don't remember what regular clothes feel like. I also am sad to report that I have a "muffin top". THis is the fat that hangs over the top of your jeans. I have NEVER had that before. I'm not too upset, I mean, it has been almost a month and I'll give myself at least 6 months to get back near to "normal". I just hope I can be like before...such a flat, nice tummy. I don't even care so much about stretch marks. I have a few, but they don't really seem bad.

No comments: