Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Dave is out of town. In Ohio, Columbus I think. He'll be gone until April 6 I think, so that is very sad and we miss him dearly. Meanwhile, Charlotte and I are doing alot of hanging out. I'm so thankful for the warm weather and the jogging stroller we got. It is really nice to go over all the bumpy sidewalks around us. I have this two mile path I take for walks. I never noticed how incredibly hilly that path is until I was pregnant and huffed and puffed and I thought, after this baby, I'll have such an easier time. But now with the stroller I still struggle and the darn thing is on wheels!

Yesterday I felt inspired and decided to jog a little with the jogger. I learned many things: 1. I can't go further than a block or so. 2. Somehow, it made my arms sore 3. That goodness I was wearing dark short because I peed my pants. Yes, a sad fact of having a baby is that your pee muscles are decimated. They say to do your Kegel exercies (these can stop the flow of urine so you know when you're working them). I did not take this nearly seriously enough! I can't stop my pee, let alone not pee while running. I didn't even think I had to Pee! So pregnant women listen closely: Do your kegels! Because peeing while you run is pretty crappy.

Charlotte may be giving up her evening nap, darn it. She didn't take one yesterday, though she is blessedly asleep right now. This is why I have time to type this. That and the fact that I did crock pot dinner and have no intention of cleaning anything up. She is sleeping through the night, though and I'm thankful for that. She is a little doll and I love her soooooo much. What a wonderful thing, a child.

Oh, and see more pictures of "Charlotte's fourth month": http://web.mac.com/bake3310/iWeb/Charlotte%20Jane/4th%20Month.html

2 comments:

Susan said...

Dude...that's one cute kid! It sucks that Dave is out of town for so long. Dave and I used to go for long periods of time apart when I was teaching and he was a Georgetown, but I only have myself to take care of. And being my first year of teaching that was almost more than I could handle ;)

emily said...

Charlotte is so beautiful! She looks a lot like you!

I've heeded your warning and have been doing my kegels!