Sunday, April 01, 2007

Spring Break!

I am officially on Spring Break! Yippee. On Friday, I took charlotte to day care while I cleaned. I've never worked so hard! Every time I wanted a break, I had to remember that this was my one chance to get this stuff done! I vacuumed the house from tippy top to the very bottom and even did all the crevices. I cleaned the kitchen and both bathrooms. I did a load of laundry and one of diapers. I cleaned Charlotte's room. I got her four hours later and was exhausted! Still, I went for a walk with Charlotte and Jen and Kiera since the weather was nice and this time of year you just can't count on that all the time.

On Saturday we went to Muskegon and spent the day with my grandma and my dad. It was a really lovely day and we had fun. Some of the photos are posted on Charlotte's site and I can't remember how to link a site to here, so you'll have to copy and paste it in. http://web.mac.com/bake3310/iWeb/Charlotte%20Jane/St.%20Patrick%27s%20Day%20and%20Gigi.html

Today we just chilled at home for most of the day and then we went to target. I only needed a couple of things, but walked away with more, like usual. One great find was these sunglasses for Charlotte. It was chilly, so she had her hat on, she isn't going snowboarding or anything!




Charlotte has also just learned how to make high-pitched squealing noises. These are very fun to make and therefore must be made often. She also seems to have gotten her first cold. She has a very runny nose and when she sneezes, great rivers of clear snot come out. It doesn't seem to have slowed her down, though. I use the aspirator (my sister told me I'd need these and I thought she was crazy until now) and suck out as much as I can. I also put a rolled up blanket under the crib mattress so she's on an incline for drainage and I have a humidifier with eucalyptus scent going in her room.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hey Katie! Sounds like you're keeping yourself very busy. Charlotte is adorable and I love the sunglasses. As for making a link in your blog, when you are creating or editing a post there will be some buttons across the top of the box where you type (a font drop down menu, bold, italics etc). Near those should be a little globe with little sideways 'u's on top of it. Highlight the text you want to make a link, then click that button. It will bring up a pop-up window where you can paste in the url for Charlotte's awesome picture page.