Friday, April 27, 2007

The end of my rope

1. I have a 6 month old baby.
2. I breastfeed, so I am the baby's only source of food.
3. I get up at 5:oo am to nurse the baby pretty much every day.
4. I get up at least once at night to put the cat outside because he is making too much noise begging for attention by banging on walls and doors.
5. I get up for work at 5:55.
6. I work full time.
7. As a middle school teacher.
8. I have a crown on my front tooth that is loose and about to fall off and I have to wait 4 days for a dentist appointment and I don't even know what I'll do with the baby then.
9. The cat is now peeing on things (twice in front of me) because he wants more attention
10. My husband is out of town and has been steadily since March 21.
11. He will be out of town until the end of May.

I am a single mom working full time with a pain in the ass cat and a broken tooth. I don't know how much longer I can take this. Note the lack of cute smilies after that statement. I'm not laughing. I'm not smiling. I'm pretty much doing alot of crying.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Katie, I'm so sorry. I wish I had read this earlier so I could have given you a call. I really wish there was something I could do.

The InstiKater said...

Thanks, Susan. There isn't anything anyone can do, unfortunately (unless it is Dave's boss...he can do something!). Jen helps me out if I ask, but it really sucks that mom isn't closer or that she doesn't seem to think that I need any help anyway.

All I really want is Dave, and I know you know how that is (those long months when your Dave was far away were tough, too I'm sure). I think I just gotta get through it. But when I'm so tired and overextended, every little thing is so much harder.

So what do I do about Calvin? Do I need to send him to a good home? Who'd take a peeing cat? What's your professional opinion?

Brian and Becky said...

I just wrote this whole message...and then my browser lost it!

The nuts and bolts were:

1. If you ever need a sitter for appt's on MON and FRI's - gimme a call!

2. I know where you are at with the husband/travel thing...if you ever need me to bring over dinner some weeknight for some company/fun time, let me know!

3. Calvin...I have gone through the EXACT same problem with my cat Kaleb...there is no easy answer. :( Good luck.

emily said...

Katie!!! I wish there was something I could to do help! I am praying for you! I am so worried that Kit Kat will be the same way after our baby comes. He already is a brat, getting on the counter, etc. for attention. Can you do anything to make your life easier? pay someone to clean your house? have a neighbor kid give attention to the cat? throw out some assignments ungraded? I'm sure that the kitty will be much happier when school is out. I hope things get better soon!

Anonymous said...

katie isf a cat urinates right in front of you it is a pretty good indicater that it is ill, I would suggest a trip to the vet & if that gets you know whwere call me I can help

Shanon (susans friend)