Friday, August 03, 2007

Sew Happy

First update: Charlotte has an ear infection. Not a surprise. I had an appt. for tomorrow, but Mary suggested I get in today. She was sounding pretty sure it was an ear infection and it is easy to tell (look in the ears). So yep, Charlotte is on some antibiotic plus a "cocktail" of tylenol and benedryl. At least she'll sleep a little better until the antibiotic kicks in. So in addition to the super cranky little darling who won't nurse, I had to go get prescriptions, and then the damn pharmacy didn't have it, so then I had to go back after chasing around all damn day. And dave is gone on some wonderful sailing trip with my brother. I'm thinking he owes me for this one for sure.




Back to the title of the post, I've been sewing a whole bunch (thanks again to Susan, my personal sewing tutor). I saw a "baby sling" at Baby Beloved last week and figured I could make it. Plus, I heard that Target is carrying some that are like $50. So i went to the fabric store and made one. It is pretty great. I already made five more! Then I gave one as a gift at a baby shower and a friend asked me to make three more for her! She'd pay, of course. I'm a little nervous because I'm pretty sure they are safe..I mean, I use mine with Charlotte all the time...I use a triple straight stitch across the main seam and then I finish the seam. What do you think, Susan? I didn't get a pic of the one I already gave away. I also tried to put a little detail on the edges and sewed on little "homemade" tags. You can click a pic to see closer up.

3 comments:

Susan said...

As long as you are using a sturdy fabric (and it certainly looks like you are) you should be fine. The triple stitch seam is a good idea too. I also like the decorative stitching - very nice!

Susan said...

Oooh, you should also have Henry take a picture of you using it with Charlotte. I would love to see a picture of it in action!

Brian and Becky said...

I envy your sewing! How much for your goods? ha ha - I have always adored those slings - and now my hips are starting to ache! Ha ha.

We need to hang out soon!