Thursday, September 11, 2008

For my Boo-boo



Charlotte helps wash my car. She is great at the details!

I was thinking about how my blogging has fallen off and I realized that I needed to do it again. Mostly this is for Charlotte. Since I don't make scrapbooks or save stuff or do anything like that, this is the best "baby book" that Charlotte can hope for from me. I also went back and re-read posts of Charlotte pregnancy and it was really nice.

So there is alot to update and I won't even attempt to fill in everything. I'll say that Charlotte and Dave and I had a great summer. It was pretty packed. Somehow we found a way to be busy everyday. We had our weekly playgroup, we crashed other playgroups, we had park dates, we went to Frederick Meijer Garden, we went to swim lessons, and we just played in the yard and with the pool and sandbox. It has been tons of fun.

I have watched Charlotte just explode in communications!After our vacation with the Courvilles and DiGennaros she picked up tons of words. She cracks me up, the things she says now. I pointed to Dave and asked what we call him and she said "Daddy" and then I said what if we need something, then what do we say? She screamed "Dave!". It made Dave and I just roll with laughter. I hadn't even coached her to say it, she just did.

We made some attempts at potty training, but I don't think we're quite ready. She shows lots of signs. She tells me after she goes, she wants to be changed, she gets the diapers, she goes to the changing table, she is fascinated with watching others go, she loves to sit on her potty, and she takes off and puts on pants. What she does not do is tell me BEFORE she has to go. So we pretty much peed and pooped all over the house for a few days. Which wasn't too much of an issue, it was mostly on the wood floor. And some in the yard, which is no problem.

Mostly I just found it difficult when I'd catch her mid-pee and try to haul a thirty pound urinating child into the bathroom with my big old belly and waddle trying to move quickly and not succeeding! This pregnancy is WAY harder while chasing Charlotte. I had no idea how easy it was to be pregnant and "work". Now this, what I do with CJ all day, is real work. Bending, lifting, holding, chasing, etc. Plus my lap is steadily disappearing. She has to sit on my knee and she still tries to wiggle back into my lap and that puts alot of pressure on my belly. Which already has plenty of pressure!

I'm basically the same weight and shape as I was when I gave birth to Charlotte. And i still have 6-8 weeks?! We'll see. Dr. Murphy said that I would be more likely to go early again since I had Charlotte early, but there is no guarantee. I keep talking to women who had their first child three weeks early, then the next was two weeks late!

I think I lost my mucas plug a couple of weeks ago, but that doesn't mean anything. In fact, I might be dilated right now, but again, that doesn't mean anything. I am carrying much lower, of course. If I have another, it'll be waving out under my skirt!

I'm tired and my back is really sore about two hours after I get up. I wake up and feel good, but I'll go grocery shopping and just be beat. But I don't have that crazy pelvic pain that I had with CJ. Oh, Henry is head down which is good. Unless he gets all nutty and turns that means hopefully we'll be able to avoid a C-section. But peeing is really a problem. He must be just pressed right against my ureter because I can't pee more than a tiny trickle at a time. Very unsatisfying.

No comments: