Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I just love her!

Just felt the need to express how much I admore my darling little angel, Charlotte. I had no idea I could love anyone this much (sorry Dave, it is just different). She is, at the age of almost 2, sometimes exasperating but sometimes so adorable I just want to get a spoon and eat her up! She is currently in her crib shouting "big sister!" She really likes the "I'm a big sister" book her Oma got her and I let her take it bed with her today. I might have to go in and remove it. I don't know if she'll nap with all that excitement!

I feel sort of bad that when Henry comes, her little world will fall apart in a way. No more of all the attention being just on her! But it will be a special time for her and Daddy and a chance to develop a special relationship with Henry. That will hopefully last. And I know that in a few years, they will play together and I'll be so glad they have each other.

In the meantime, I want to just appreciate all I can about THIS moment. The feeling of Henry kicking and rolling like a rock-n-roll star inside me. THe joy of her smile when I get her each morning. Watching how much she and her daddy love each other and make each other giggle. Cuddling up just the two of us (and a giant belly) to read stories. Her calling the cat "stupid dumb-dumb" (wonder where she got that?) and ordering him around, though he rarely follows her orders. And now that she sometimes call us "kate" and "Dave" I even love that!

But for now, I'm off to relax, we had a tiring day at the zoo and my feet are swollen a bit and my back is tired. So I'll lie down and get back to reading my book about why TV and Videogames are so horrible for children. I need encouragement to keep me from plopping her in front of the tv when I'M tired.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

How beautiful. I am sure they will be best friends. Plus I think both of you will like seeing her be a big sister.