Monday, October 06, 2008

Nesting = Crafting?

Lately I have been seriously into crafting. I suspect that since housework sucks and it is hard to move around alot, I'm really just nesting in another way.
While everyone in my family was at Chip's wedding, I was at a pottery studio painting him a platter for a gift. I also did one for Dave's cousin whose wedding we're missing
because it is Oct. 25.(don't forget, click on pic to make it bigger)


I am making Charlotte a dollhouse for Christmas and it is coming along nicely. I used the router to cut out window holes and then I used the dremel to smooth it out a bit. Still needs lots of work, though.


I am making a German birthday ring for Charlotte's birthday. This is a ring with 12 little people on it and each birthday you replace a person with a candle. Here is the start of some of the people. I won't post a link to what I saw and am copying, mine doesn't look as good!


I am also making her a birthday crown that she can wear each year (hopefully). I saw these on another blogger's page and thought they were adorable. Some charge like $40 for them. I think it cost about $6 for this one.

We are enjoying fall and I put CJ into a cute Halloween outfit.

We went to the dr. office today. After I get on the table and the nurse finds the baby's heartbeat, Charlotte likes to get up onto the table and lift up her shirt, too. Monkey see, monkey do!
The doctor checked my cervix and said that I'm internally at 3 and externally at 1. Totally normal for a second pregnancy. I felt relieved that there were no signs of imminent labor. I thought I was having contractions last weekend and that really threw me. What about all my unfinished crafts? Better get them done!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Wow! Those are awesome and yay for crafting!!!!

Andrea said...

I think they are too nice to be called crafts. That is art Kate. Crafts are those Christmas ornaments that are made from a foam ball, sequens, and pins. Not beautiful plates and elaborate doll houses.

emily said...

Katie:

I'm so glad you're posting again! I love reading what you write! Have you heard of governmentium? It is a chemistry/political joke, you can find it on wikipedia, but I also posted it under "Emily's Rant" on my blog.

Your crafts are awesome! The house is soooooo cool!

KzooJason said...

Wow, that's an impressive dollhouse!