Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Progress


Here is a cute pic of Charlotte wearing her "Chip Day" shirt. Looks so cute!!

I am getting by, trying to be patient about baby. Thinking every minute, this could be it...but each day passes. I hit the wall last weekend. I just feel done. I'm sick of knocking CJ down. Sometimes it is because I don't see her, sometimes because I think I'm walking straight, but my waddle is so pronounced I just bop her to one side or the other. I feel good when I'm sitting :-) Getting up at night is getting even tougher. It takes so long just to get out of bed! Dr. said that I'm about at 3 cm. Funny, after 5 hours of labor with CJ (and pitocin) I was still only at 1. But my cervix is still "back" (whatever that means) so I'm going to go anytime really soon. I'm setting my sights on Friday! In the meantime, I'm still working on my projects. An update: Since a wooden doll highchair costs $40-50 I decided to make one. So for UNDER $10, I made this.












I also am working on her dollhouse. Coming nicely. It will be hard to wait until christmas because I think she'll really like it. I have the clasp on the end and the hinges on. Just have to finish interior walls, do something about the roof, and I think I'll polyurethane it. I was going to paint it, but I like the unfinished wood look so much.


I am, of course, also working on her birthday ring. The people are done, I got candles, I just have to find a way to drill the holes for the candles and people so it all fits well. Then maybe poly or paint the ring.
her crown is done. Might send pic of that later. Right now I'm also working on putting together a birthday book. Like a scrapbook, but oh so much easier using online ordering and pics we have from the last year. It is so hard, I love every picture of her!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie you ROCK! I am so impressed. When do you do this?? I guess with Isaac I could have but not with Sofia...she is Super busy... already had stiches! Keep it up you are almost there!!

Erin

KzooJason said...

Very nice highchair, particularly under $10. I'm impressed that you could even get the supplies at that price.

I've got my fingers crossed for Friday!