Saturday, October 18, 2008

Living large...

I'm still hanging in there. My "personal" predicted due date (Oct. 17) has come and gone and Henry is cozy in there. I was a tad worried about movement but a quick call from good old Andy helped ease my mind..."you'll notice that the baby seems to move less because there is less room to really pull back and give a good kick and also the baby is sleeping more and more. If you are worried, have a small snack and lie down for 15-20 minutes. If there is no movement, call the doctor and you can come in for a non-stress test. Most likely, you are preoccupied and the movements are lower in intensity". So I feel better. There was lots of action last night. I mean that in more than one way. I've decided to try the old intercourse induction method, but it isn't pretty. It's worse than trying to conceive. Very little romance there.

Tonight we're headed to Muskegon to have a Laboween party with the Wiles and Jason and Uncle Jim will watch CJ. We might also get to pick up my plaster torso cast. The artist sent pics, but I'll wait til I get it tonight and take my own pics. It looks like it is very cool!

On Wednesday night it was raining and lately I've noticed what appears to be a shiny, mucas slug trail IN MY HOUSE by the side door. Now, I hate worms, but at least they are a gardener's friend. Slugs are friend to no one! THose things disgust me. So back to Wednesday night...as we enter the door I look down and sure enough a nasty old slug is sitting there munching on a stray bit of cat food!! Dave, of course, taught CJ that "slugs are cute" and the sound they make is "nee-nee-nee-nee-nee" with little fingers on head like antennae wiggling around. Here are pics of that.
CJ is fascinated with the buggers and now she goes to look for them and is so disappointed when they are not there.

Oh, I finished Charlotte's crown and birthday ring.

The dollhouse is coming along nicely, I repaired the crappy job on the roof and put in a couple of walls. Just thinking about painting/or not painting it.

I am making little "people" for Charlotte's birthday and they aren't something I'm proudest of, but my dear, sweet friend Tara was so kind and agreed to hunt for acorn caps for little hats for me. I just couldn't get myself to get all bent over hunting for anything on the ground right now. I think when I get the hair on and the caps, it'll make them look a little less homely. At least their faces turned out okay.

No comments: