Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tears of a bellydancer

So yesterday I had my very first pregnancy doctors appointment. When the doctor came in and asked how I was, I burst into tears. Uncontrollably. I'm not even sure why...This just happens now. The appointment went well; not much happened. I'm having an ultrasound on Thursday just to make sure everything is okay. My hormone levels are high (no shit) which either means I have a rockin' healthy placenta, or twins (gulp). But when I asked him about my bellydancing, he thought I should stop. boo!

So tonight at bellydance class, my boss/instructor told me that I only have two more weeks of performance because she can't have me be unreliable. Which is true, but made me cry. Uncontrollably. I know it is probably best, especially since it made Fridays so hard for me and was added stress, but it also made me feel human again. And, my $200 costume will arrive just in time for me to NOT wear it. For like, a year. I am so sad.

2 comments:

Henry Bierman said...

I am so sad for you. This was something that really made you happy, and while our child will too, this was a bright spot during this hard time and something that made you happy when school was getting you down.

Love.

Susan said...

That sucks. I was hoping to get to see a performance (I think Roland was too, I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with the sexy outfits *wink, wink*) You should let us know when you get back to it, so we can find a way to see you!