Sunday, September 24, 2006

Baby Blues

Here I am, about 33 weeks pregnant, and I don't know how I"ll make it to November! The last three weeks have been very tough. I can't believe how UNCOMFORTABLE I am. I didn't think I'd feel this way until I had only a couple of weeks left. You can deal with almost anything for a couple of weeks. But this is harder than I thought. I have alot more respect not just for mothers, but for anyone who has been pregnant. Sleeping is a nightmare...it just doesn't happen anymore! I wake up several times a night, but not just to pee. My hips hurt. My legs cramp up. My ribs hurt. My back hurts. I'm hungry. Last week there was a night I got 6 hours of sleep in a row and it made such a difference!

But Friday night was miserable. I woke up every 45 in-1 hour. I was in lots of pain. I couldn't get comfortable. About 6 am. I was up and decided to pee since I was already awake. I step into the hall and into a giant pile of cat vomit! It squished through my toes and oozed onto the top of my foot. I started crying and hobbled down the hall trying not to make a trail of cat puke. With great difficulty, I hoisted my foot into the sink to rinse it. I came back and cleaned up the mess (cat puke stains horribly and there is still a faint orange mark) and got back into bed, sobbing.

My husband asked what was wrong and the crying continued. I tried to set up my pillows to sleep sitting up and slept a couple more hours. Then I rushed off to my baby shower hosted by my dad's family. They did a really nice job and I think it was exactly what I needed that day. When I walked in, they asked how I was, and I broke into tears (this is after I told myself the whole way that I didn't need to go into my crummy morning at the shower). It was really nice to be surrounded by people who cared and who knew exactly what I was talking about! I felt much better. More tears came when I opened gifts. I used to hate baby stuff, but I guess my hormones (and my heart) make me see it in a different light. What really got me was a book called "daddy kisses" and a book that my sister gave me of Beatrix Potter stories, which my mom always collected and read to us.

I'm excited to meet my baby, to see what personality the baby has. I can't wait to see what this baby looks like! Me? Dave? Neither of us? Curly hair or straight? What color eyes and hair? My carrier is so...secondary now. But I"m just ready to have my body back and get started raising this bugger!

I have made two e-bay purchases. I got the dansko clogs and the seller gave me $20 bucks back, which was good because they were more worn that what the picture looked like (touched up with black marker, too). But I think they are comfy and for a net total of $40, not too bad. I also bought a visualizer, or opaque projector camera, for my classroom. I hope to be reimbursed by grant money, but I think it is worth it to have such a great teaching tool. I got it for $225 when they go for $1300 new. I'm eager to get it and make sure it works!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Have you thought about one of these, these, or these, or maybe one of these (scroll down for the pregnancy option)?