Sunday, September 10, 2006

Back in the saddle again

One week of school down, nine more left before my maternity leave. I'm feeling good, now. Not so much a couple of weeks ago. My girlfriends threw me an awesome baby shower on the 26th. After that I went up north with the gang for kayaking and camping. That was really fun. I had an air mattress and other than the usual very difficult time turning over, sleeping wasn't so bad. It was fun to have Nathan and Sara there with all their camping expertise and accoutrements. Then on Sunday we kayaked for about 5 hours. I thought I might not look pregnant to people on the river since I was sitting down and my belly hidden. HA! HA! Looking at pictures just makes me giggle since it is soooo clear that I have a giant preggie belly. I'm okay with it, I did wear my bikini after all. I just didn't realize how big I was.

Or how tired I'd be on Monday! Crabby from tired and having to go back to work. School started for teachers that Tuesday and we had a three day inservice at a local church. We weren't even in our buildings to sneak away and get anything done. The first day I felt pretty good. But by the end of Wednesday I was in tears! My lower back was killing me. I figured it was just the pain of pregnancy and tried to treat it with some hot "Oma's kirschstiensack" (a bag a cherry pits from Germany that you put in the microwave to heat up). I wanted massage, but my insurance covers massage therapy only if paired with chiropractic treatment. Which I DON'T like (not the HVLA stuff). So I called my doc and he set up an appointment with a physical therapist.

Then on Monday, at prenatal yoga, my instructor helped me out with some muscle energy therapy and I felt way better. But I still kept my therapy appointment and felt a little bad when I went since I was "better". But the therapist watched me walk and noted that I was favoring one leg and we discovered that my saccrum was torqued and my pelvis out of alignment. He spent about 1.5 hours with my Wednesday, then I saw him again for 30 minutes Friday, though I felt way better on Friday. I have an appointment on Tuesday, but I"m feeling so much better in general, I hope that by continuing to go I can prevent any problems from returning.

I also found that I felt crummy at school because my clothes didn't fit. I didn't wan to get up in front of the kids because my shirt is scooching up, my pants are saggind down, my belly is hanging out, and I waddle (yes, people feel free to tell you how "cute" your waddle is). I have learned alot about being rude. Just because it is true does not mean you have to share it. So I bought a pair of khaki pants (that actually fit!) and a couple of other things. I'm also trying to buy a pair of dansko shoes on ebay- my first ever ebay purchase if it works. Wish me luck, only an hour left on my bid.

1 comment:

KzooJason said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better... and that you found some clothes that'll make you feel better yet. Did you get the shoes?