Monday, August 28, 2006

100 Things about me

1. I love my husband more each year we are married.
2. I think my know-it-all attitude is supposed to compensate for all the years I thought I was of low intelligence and ability.
3. I didn't think I was smart until about halfway through 10th grade.
4. I regret spending so much time with boyfriends in high school instead of with my friends.
5. I'm fascinated with running water (like the cats), especially rivers and streams but includes spring melting.
6. Someimes I'm afraid my husband isn't going to be faithful even though I cheated on him (in 1997, before we were married or engaged!)
7. I always wanted dance lessons but got cello and bassoon lessons instead.
8. I don't think I'm patient enough for teaching middle school.
9. I wish I had continued with physics after my undergrad, but went into teaching because I didn't think I was capable.
10. I can't believe that I'll love my baby more than my cats or husband!
11. I'm extremely messy even though my mother worked really hard to make me neat and clean.
12. I'm afraid my baby will have cognitive impairment and that I won't love it as much.
13. I love chocolate, but prefer white cake to chocolate cake most of the time.
14. I have a reputation for having an enormous appetite.
15. I love cross-country skiing.
16. I think I'm an excellent whistler.
17. I can't make that really loud whistle and wish I could.
18. I'm a terrible slow runner.
19. In high school track everyone had three events, but they told me to just do two (because I'm that bad).
20. I'm extrememly proud of bellydancing since I have no other athletic talents.
21. I watch children's movies and cartoon movies and don't usually enjoy them but watch them anyway.
22. I have terrible taste in picking out movies.
23. I watch lots of really bad movies.
24. I have only walked out of a move once: Singles.
25. I have not finished a few movies that I rented, including: Legally Blonde 2, date movie, and caligula.
26. The fist career I wanted was to be a paleontologist.
27. I'm proud of being a nerd.
28. I always wanted to wear glasses but my vision is persistently good.
29. I love NPR.
30. I download podcasts of Wait, Wait, don't tell me.
31. I like to think I'm technilogically savvy, but without my husband I couldn't even blog.
32. I think other people think I'm too blunt but I'm proud of being genuine.
33. I love gin and tonics and mojitos in addition to wine.
34. I love being pregnant.
35. I love how it feels when the baby moves, even when it has the hiccups and is slightly irritating.
36. I think people who smoke are crazy and don't understand how stopping could be harder than continuing something so gross.
37. I like politics but have to be careful not to get too riled up.
38. I thnk I'm open minded, but must be confronted with credible evidence before changing my mind.
39. I can admit when I'm wrong since it happens so much.
40. I'm afraid of worms.
41. I'm not afraid of spiders, but occasionally think they are creepy.
42. I'm good at remembering numbers.
43. I'm terrible at remembering names.
44. I am not good at remembering faces.
45. I wonder if my hearing is compromised, I often can't hear what people are saying if there is background noise.
46. I think I look like a man and try to wear earrings when my hair is pulled back.
47. I don't think my mom really likes me, even though I know she loves me. I'm too different from her.
48. I think my dad likes me, but I think he's sort of crazy so I don't know what that means.
49. I am often surprised that my husband loves me, but would never ask why because I don't want him to realize there aren't any good reasons.
50. I wish I had more friends, but I don't often meet people I really like that much.
51. I thought thinking of 100 things would be easy...but it is actually pretty hard.
52. I love to make things.
53. I love working with my hands.
54. I like to figure out problems and why things are broken.
55. I have worked as a waitress at two restaurants.
56. I worked at the paper mill for one summer.
57. I worked with the United Way for one summer.
58. I worked at Family Video for one year before being fired.
59. I worked at Redi Rental for years.
60. I worked as an RA in college but was not asked to return the following year.
61. I worked as a night receptionist from 3 am to 7 am in college.
62. When I lived alone after getting pseudofired from my RA job, my food budget was $3 a day.
63. I am cheap when it comes to spending money on others.
64. I cry helplessly at the movie "Rudy".
65. The thing that makes me cry in any movie is when one person sacrifices something for someone else (Rudy can have my position, coach).
66. I don't like babies very much, but love kids.
67. I really enjoy camping but my husband and I just camped for the first time together and probably won't get another chance to for a while.
68. I hate mornings and I am super crabby then.
69. I don't like dogs at all.
70. I think pet birds are stupid and gross.
71. I love french toast.
72. I waxed my underarms once in college.
73. I don't pay enough attention when I drive.
74. I love watching project runway and entourage.
75. I dislike Elizabeth on "The View".
76. I don't like popcorn and icecream as much as most people.
77. I always order the same menu item at most restaurants but it isn't the same at each place.
78. I can't usually drink a whole can of pop.
79. My parents didn't let me chew gum until I was about 10, and then not really.
80. I wanted Michael Jackson to adopt me when I was young.
81. I was afraid of the toilet when I was young and had nightmares about it.
82. I also had nightmares about a leprachaun filling my bedroom with my mom's loaves of home made wheat bread.
83. I love wheat bread now.
84. I always read at least one sentence before bed.
85. I sleep with a pillow under my head and one on top of it.
86. I love sleeping on my back, but am not supposed to in pregnancy.
87. My husband and I have separate comforters and it works wonderfully!
88. I could eat mayonaise out of the jar with a spoon I like it so mcuh.
89. I keep bags of chocolate chips in my cupboard for a snack.
90. I love the rain and occasionally stand in it just enjoying.
91. I love spring and watching the plants come up.
92. I like autumn but am usually too busy to really enjoy it.
93. I love family get-togethers and wish I lived closer to my family.
94. I love sailing.
95. I love swimming, but my doctor says I shouldn't unless I want another shoulder surgery.
96. one of my favorite songs is "under pressure" by david bowie and queen.
97. I like to drive fast, but hate jetskiis, snowmobiles, or atv's.
98. I'm a leo and think it fits me pretty well.
99. My middle name is Elaine and I really like it.
100. I like talking about myself.

3 comments:

KzooJason said...

Wow Katie, that's an awesome list. When I saw the post I figured it was going to be some copy/paste thing but it was actually one hundred things that were really interesting. I think it's probably one of the best and most personal blog posts I've read. A couple things...

- Some of the things were amazingly personal and I respect you for posting them.
- I can't hear people over background noise either. I understand it may be due to hearing loss in the higher frequencies.
- You don't look like a man.
- Way to dodge the whole Michael Jackson adoption thing.

Roland St. Jude said...

Boldly done! I definitely learned some more about you - you lived up to your goal of being genuine. I hope this catches on with our other friends. A couple things...

1. That's very sweet
3. I thought that of you 5-6 years earlier.
29. Me too.
33. You should come down here - the mojitos are crazy good.
88. That is foul.

Hope all is well with you!

Henry Bierman said...

Thank for sharing so much of yourself.

I thank you especially for #1, 20, 52, and 87