Sunday, August 13, 2006

A day at the beach

Today we spent a lovely day at the beach. I had suggested that we do this and my husband was at first hesitant since he just came home and wanted the laying around the house that is necessary for relaxing. But he capitulated and we left around quarter to 11:00. We got to the beach at about noon and went down to the part in NM where you don't have to pay the state park fee. It was actually much nicer there since there was a short walk to the shore. Down at the pay area it feels like you have to walk a mile to get to the water. And if you forget something, walking back makes you so HOT and takes forever.

The key to our trip being so great was the hole. I found that laying at the beach is somewhat uncomfortable for a 7 months pregnant person. Not really supposed to lay on back, can't lay on front. So at when I was at the beach last time I dug a hole to put my belly into, thinking that I'd lay on belly. But that didn't work so well. So this time I dug a nice trench for my bootie. Then I took the partially inflated beach ball for a back pillow. This basically made a "craftmatic adjustable beach chair". It was perfect. We didn't even get burned, but got a nice layer of tan.

The water was cool, but refreshing. The waves were quite large with a strong riptide, but it was more fun that way. We swam a few times, built a little sandcastle, and read a little. We also walked along the beach. Then we got home with plenty of time to make a nice dinner, clean up around the house, and watch a movie.

We watched "V for Vendetta". I highly recommend this film. About ten mintues into it I said to Dave, "I like this movie" and he noted that it has only been ten mintues. But it really captured my interest. Good acting, good costume/scenery, good dialogue, good plot. I'm usually too distractable to just watch a movie. But I really watched the whole thing without doing anything else. That's a good sign.

2 comments:

Roland St. Jude said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I'm glad to hear things are going well. Just the mention of the beach in NM makes me homesick.

Henry Bierman said...

I'm glad that you are jelous of our day at the beach. Makes me think that going to the beach was the right decision.