Monday, September 10, 2007

Better, Stronger, Faster?

Today I had surgery to put in the titanium implant for tooth #7, aka the bane of my dental life. The good news is that I was totally under IV anesthesia so although I was panicky and scared, I don't actually remember much of it. I am home today on Vicodin. Napping alot and just hanging out. Charlotte, is of course, at day care. It is crazy that I thought I'd clean the toilets, do some sewing, do dishes, etc. and really I am in some pain and woozy from the drugs and I just need to chill.

We had a very nice weekend. Charlotte, Dave, and I went to BW3 for dinner Friday night and this is always fun. We did find out though that we might be getting to the point where out to eat with the baby is not really worth it. She is so much more mobile. She can sit in her high chair and eat with us, but she doenn't have the patience to just hang out. She wants to move around and crawl and stand and explore, God bless her. So we'll be going out to eat less which is probably best.

Then on Saturday, team Baker went to Muskegon and first stopped at my brother Chip's house where Daddy brewed late into the night. Then Mommy and Charlotte went to Grandma Stewart's and spent the night. Then at about noon we went out sailing with Uncle Chip and his new Lady Friend Colleen (who is very nice and passed the test... although anyone that I can chat with can pass the test!). Unfortunately, Daddy got pretty seasick. Oh, Charlotte stayed with grandma, too, so it was relaxing for mommy.

I notice I've now taken on the voice of Charlotte, so maybe it is time for me to stop.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Friends don't let friends sew on drugs.

Brian and Becky said...

Hope you are feeling better!