Thursday, October 12, 2006

It's a girl!

The announcement is official: Dave and I are having a baby girl. We plan to name her Charlotte Jane Baker (unless I change my mind!). We're both excited and happy, though I really knew the whole time. I had a dream in March that I Mary had a boy, and Jen and I had girls and I was just sure of it. Dave had dreams it was a boy, though. The only baby dream I've had was that I had to sacrifice Dave for the baby to live- not very nice!

I decided a couple of weeks ago to finally share the news because sharing news is fun! I started at my shower in Cleveland thrown by Dave's family. I made sure the last gift I opened was one that I brought for the baby. It was the little dress I made this summer for her. So it was pretty clear when I opened the box what the gender way. Then the next weekend I told my mom and her family in the same way. I called Daddy and grandma Van then, too. But I couldn't tell anyone before my mom knew!

I'm glad we made that decision. It has been fun to talk about and I can finally say "she". She has hiccups all the time! Her head is down and she is in a good position! Also, we are so fortunate to have almost everything we need her. Now I just need to get clothes so she isn't naked all the time! I still have to pick out an outfit for her to wear home from the hospital.

6 comments:

KzooJason said...

Outstanding, congratulations! Have you decided on a name yet or is it still up in the air (or a secret, secrets are cool too)...

Anonymous said...

Katie-
Did you read my e-mail...I just e-mailed you thinking it was a boy. I haven't heard from you (have my e-mails been getting through?). I love her name!! How exciting.

Erin

KzooJason said...

I'm dumb... we'll see you soon Charlotte. I really need to work on that whole short-term memory thing... what was I talking about?

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am so happy for you guys!! a girl!!! yeah!!

how fun, dresses, shoes, and pink...

blessing to the Baker Family.

Thank you for sharing.

Susan said...

Woot for girls! Marcie is also having a girl. Woot for me getting to make more cute clothes! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you and Dave! I'm sure she'll be sooooo precious!!!