Tuesday, October 10, 2006

October already!

I guess I, too, haven't written in a while. I have ideas of stuff to write about...but it hasn't happened. Somehow I'm keeping pretty busy. What's new...

I can't believe it is October. I have just five more weeks. That is good because I'm getting sick of the pain in sleep. I know I won't sleep when the baby comes, but at least it doesn't hurt when you sleep!

I am still going to physical therapy. I go only once per week now. I had terrible pain about a week ago and took a day off work. I looked it up on the internet and found a condition called symphysis pubis dysfunction. Pretty sure that was what I had, the list of symptoms was like reading my mind! Terrible pain turning over in bed, can't stand on one leg, a bad waddle, etc. But when I asked my doctor, he said, "no, you don't have that". He was pretty short with me, which was irking, but I soon found out he had someone in L and D (labor and delivery) who was "going early". Next appointment I plan to talk to him more about it. I think he thought I was suggesting that I had symphysis pubis dystocia (which is where it actually separates- yikes!). I know that isn't it, my therapist has been treating me for dysfunction, where it slips up or down on one side or another.

But today he said that it seems even, though my saccrum is still somewhat torqued. I had to sit down all day since we gave the MEAP all darn day! I thought I'd get so much done, but all kinds of stuff comes up and I didn't do any planning! But I did grade some stuff, organize some stuff, and put out fires. I didn't actually have a prep period, but tomorrow I get two hours!! Yippee.

Babywise, I'm so damn excited!! Jen DiGennaro had her baby girl, Keira Rose, on Saturday evening. She was born 7 pounds 9 ounces, 19.5 inches long. It was a long and hard labor and Keira was delivered by cesarean but baby and mom are recovering well. I visited on Sunday night and now I'm just so eager for it to happen, it makes focusing on school tough. I have most of my showers done, just one at work is left. We are pretty well set on baby stuff. I used gift cards to buy the glider rocker, which I already love. I just like to go into the nursery and sit and dream. But not for too long, because then I start moving furniture around. I love the decor of the room, it is just sooooooo small! THe rocker does take up alot of room, too, so I'm trying to find a way that works well.

Dave is in Kentucky. But hopefully this is the last trip until a while after the baby. If I "go" early, I want daddy home with me!

Oh, my doctor put me on a diet when my weight started to sky-rocket, but I haven't gained any weight in the last three weeks, so it is fine. The weight wasn't even the problem, it was a just a very sudden and severe amount that he didn't want to continue until the end.

I need to take some pictures and post them, hopefully it will happen this week.

No comments: