Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Update

I guess blogging is easiest when one is complaining. Does this explain why Jason never writes?

The answer to the bellydance dilema: my last regular Thursday night performance at Mezze was last week. This week I'm doing a private show there and I'm doing a performance at some Women's fesival May 3. That is it and I'm glad for it. Last week, at the end of the show, we were grooving and I suddenly felt totally overheated and sick and had to leave. I guess that is sort of normal, getting hot easily and tired out.

Right now I'm in a big watermelon and strawberry phase. I ate a half of a large watermelon last night for dinner. I'd hoped it would get things...moving, but the effects are yet to be seen. Who knew pregnancy was accompanied by EVERY manner of intestinal discomfort and ailment. But that watermelon was so COLD and SWEET and yummy! And strawberries....aren't they the most amazing tasting food? Incredible! I eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

THe good news is that fruit is good for me anyway, the bad news is that the rest of my diet isn't always so good. Basically when 6:00 hits I feel absolutely disgusted by food. All food. Dave makes his dinner while I try not to vomit. I usually make it to about 8:30 and then I feel REALLY sick and decide I have to eat something. Then I'll have whatever; potato chips, a bag of popcorn, french onion soup. Anything that is quick. Then I feel slightly better but unhappy until bedtime.

I'm trying to wean myself from my naps. I'm still tired, but hte weather is so darn beautiful that I need to rejoin the world of the living. I'm not as tired as before, when I nap was without question necessary (I was afraid of falling asleep behind the wheel driving home from school).

So overall: week 12 starts tomorrow, sick, less tired, psychologically a mess (I'll explain some of that some other time).

No comments: