Sunday, April 02, 2006

Tough day

Yesterday was a rough one. Started off pretty badly when I drank a bunch of tea in the morning. It tasted great and soothed my sore throat, but I forgot to eat breakfast. Just as I realized my error I was sent to the bathroom to vomit. In between bouts, I had my husband put cream cheese on a bagel for me and then I ate it next to the toilet, just in case. But I did feel better after eating.

The rest of the day I did nothing. Laying on the couch, napping, laying on the couch some more. I finally left the house at 7 to go out to eat. Then I went to Schuler to get some books. I got George Carlin's Brain Droppings and a book by Dave Barry. I also got a fine trashy romance with a Norse theme. That's why I got it. Anything with Prince Olaf in it...gotta be great.

So my big plans today are: shower, don't puke, maybe nap later. Life is just thrilling right now. At least when I was at the bookstore I read a book about morning sickness and it looks like mine isn't so bad. I read about a woman who had it so bad she was in the hospital five times for dehydration and ended up terminating the pregnancy because she was so miserable. There was another woman who could only breathe cold air. Warm air made her vomit. So she sequestered herself in her room with the air conditioner on for months and only ate cold melon. So I guess it isn't so bad. But it sure as heck could be better.

4 comments:

Roland St. Jude said...

I really enjoy reading what's going on with you; hope your day went as planned (or better)!

Susan said...

My current favorite in the romance genre is an author named Katie Macalister. I find them funny and very well written for romance novels. Yes, I read trashy romance, I also read all sort of stuffy intellectual things too, so just take that smirk off your face.

Katie, sorry about all the vomitting and whatnot. I hope it passes soon. But I also really enjoy reading your blog.

Henry Bierman said...

Now I am thinking of susan reading trashy romance novels.

Susan said...

I sense smirking...I thought we talked about that.