Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Back at Work

The first day was better than expected, but the second was horrible! Charlotte wouldn't take ANY milk from the bottle Monday. She took about 6 ounces Tuesday, and about 6 on Wednesday. I was hoping to see improvement, but she just chews the nipple and then swallows. She won't even suck! It makes me sad, and then she wants to nurse alot when we get her home. Which is okay since it is nice time to spend together. The first night she got up alot extra to eat, and then last night she didn't get up until 5 am (this was unfortunate timing since I woke up to pee at 4:30, the cat kept me up until 5, then she woke up at 5:15 to eat...and I got up at 6. I'm pretty darned tired.

The hardest thing right now about being back to work is that some of kids are being awful. The middle of winter...cabin fever...I'm sick of these disrespectful squirrelly kids.

Now it is Thursday and I'm still really really tired. Really. I can't wait for her to go to bed so that I can. Dave is being great, helping care for Charlotte. I'm so excited to see her at 3:30 when I get home...but then I'm not quite sure what to do with her. I feel like I need to maximize every moment with her since I'm not with her all day...but that's pretty hard.

Wednesday she took six ounces and today she took only four. I tried to feed her from the bottle to show her that it is okay, but that was not surprisingly met with lots of crying. So I just feed her. Am I teaching her that she doesn't have to eat during the day? What am I supposed to do...not feed her?! yeah, right. but the good news is that tuesday and wednesday nights she awoke only once. But again, I'm still pretty darn tired. I'm showing a movie in science so at least that's easy. Basically the easier the work is for the kids, the easier it is for me. it is only middle school and they won't remember anything anyway. Right?

1 comment:

emily said...

Yes, Katie, it was you that inspired my blog. Yes, it is only middle school, and they won't remember anything anyway! Just hang in there. You are a super teacher, so even if you're only giving them 40% of your best it is tons better than most teachers out there! You need to take care of yourself and your family first. If anything is leftover, then school can have it. Love you!