Sunday, February 25, 2007

Cautious Optomism

Good-ish news: Friday, Linda said that Charlotte finally took the bottle. She actually sucked down two four ounce bottles. This is somewhat less than I'd expect her to eat, but we are excited that she actually drank it like she should instead of the chewing thing. Friday night I went out and bought two pacifiers and nipples to match the one that she took (Nuk, by the way, size medium...I had the small ones and she won't take those). Saturday morning Dave tried to give her the bottle but she'd have none of it. Darn. But I remain hopeful that she'll get back to taking it this week. I'm not eager for work Monday, but I'm eager to find out how well she does. Especially with conferences this week...it would be so great if she'd take a bottle in the evening too so I don't have to feed her all night.

She has been kind of fussy this weekend and she's chewing on everything. Probably teething, we thought. she was chewing on my finger and I felt something sharp, and sure enough, there is a tiny white bud that is sort of sharp on her lower gums. Not in the typical place though, halfway between front and middle. I'd guess the third tooth over. Sort of sad....she is getting old so fast. But it'll probably recede again anyway.

1 comment:

Brian and Becky said...

A tooth already! WOW! Isaac keeps acting like he is teething, but no whities here yet!

Isaac only took about 2 4oz bottles a day at day care for a long time - just last week he worked up to 3 5oz bottles! I like to think in my head, he is just too busy playing and having fun to eat. :) It will get better! ;)

We should do a play date sometime soon!