Monday, February 05, 2007

Our trip to Cleveland

Last weekend Dave and I headed back to his mom's house in Cleveland. I was nervous taking the baby so far and we haven't spent the night anywhere but home yet. but the ride was good, she slept the whole time. We stopped at the border and fed her. We left at 1:00 and got there at 6:30.

We got our pic taken for his mom's birthday (his sister's idea) and it was very nice. I just got my haircut and hadn't figured out how to do it best yet. Today I felt like I finally liked it. Too late!

Our trip home was memorable. We stopped again at the border this time to gas up and found that our headlights and brake lights were out! Scary. With the crummy weather, headlights are necessary, and brake lights are always necessary. But we didn't want to leave the car on the other side of he state and have to go back to get it somehow. So we decided to chance it and drove straight home. This was tough since the baby was supposed to eat at 3:30 and we got home at 5:30 and man was she hungry!

I took the car in today and we need a new light modulator. They gave us a loaner that is rather nice, a BMW X3, it's a 2007 SUV and it has a heated stearing wheel!

While we were in cleveland I was experiencing alot of pain and soreness in my right breast and I called my sister who said that she had plugged ducts and to use a hot water bottle on it. I also called the lactation consultants at Baby Beloved and they gave me some interesting suggestions. one was to feed baby in football hold and Australian hold (baby sits on lap straddling leg) and to feel "on all fours". I did these things and it looks like I'm all better :-) this is good since a plugged duct could develop into mastitis and be infected and need medicine and be really really painful.

So one week left til I go back to work. Gradually preparing myself even though there is no real preparation.

1 comment:

Brian and Becky said...

Glad your trip went well!

Look on the bright side of going back to work...um...er....spring break?