Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Ichiban- the lipstick for babies



Charlotte's purple mouth is starting to fade and I think we're both finally getting over the thrush. We started swaddling her at night and this seems to make a big difference. You wouldn't think a baby would like her arms pinned to her sides, but she seems to sleep better like that and even slept through the night Monday night when I swaddled her tight. Last night I swaddled her, but not real tight and she got up at 3:30 and she was out of it.

I've got lots on my mind about going back to work and I need to start writing stuff down so I stop obsessing about it. Just stuff about Charlotte, what to tell the day care, what to pack, how to set up the bottle stuff, etc. I thought I was coming to terms with back to work, but I cried about it again today. There is just no getting around it, I will have a really tough time, just like every other working mom. At least I only have 4 months and then summer!

Dave gave me quite a surprise. I had requested more "bling" for our 5th wedding anniversary. When we got married, I picked out some plain bands and felt like that was right for me. But then I started noticing other ladies's lovely sparkles. So I thought a nice channel set sparkly band (or two) would complement my ring nicely. But Dave gave me this:

You'll notice that it isn't my engagement stone. It's a whole new ring. The center stone is twice the size and the others add up to alot more than I thought I'd have. He said, "I know it is more that you wanted, but it is what you deserve". Very sweet. I'm not sure about it, I feel sad for my other rings, which we could make into necklaces. I generally prefer round brilliant cut to the princess square. I have 30 days to return it. Again, my original stone means so much. I just don't know. What do you think?

2 comments:

Brian and Becky said...

It's kinda a long story - for another time, but I wear my engagement ring on my right hand, and my wedding ring on my left.

Have you considered perhaps doing that?

Brian and Becky said...

Oh, and forgot to mention - that ring is rockin' awesome. Good job hubby!