Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Almost done with baby Baker's room


I finally got my password from photobucket so that I can put up some pics!

I got a lamp shade for $0.79 and decorations for 5 bucks. Oops, I forgot to rotate it. Turn your heads.










Here is the crib quilt with a very small sample of the material for curtains:

And here is the two colors, Mantis and Mariposa, unfortunately with the tape still up. There is a faint green glow from the room in the hallway. But I really do like it.

So, Susan of all Trades. I have 3.5 yards of stripey material, a matching amount of light blocking material, and only the idea that I definately want curtains that are functional (as opposed to stupid valences that are just for looks). I did buy a curtain rod, but it is the wrong size and I have to return it anyway. Oh, one problem, on the right side of the window there is the frame and then about a cenitmeter of wall before the corner of the room. So the right side of any curtain rod will pretty much have to dead-end into the wall. Please tell me any ideas you might have.

I will have the drawers all painted by tonight and then let them dry for a day or so then I'll show the (almost) final result.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Well, there are two basic options for drapes. Ok, this is going to turn into a whole thing, complete with pictures so I'm going to work on posting it on my
blog
.