Sunday, July 30, 2006

Birthday at Sea

Today is my birthday and we went with a maritime theme. Yesterday we went to Muskegon and I was treated to a great sail with cousin Frank (and then followed up with Chip Appreciation Day at the Marina). Today we saw "Pirates of the Caribbean II" and followed it up with dinner at Red Lobster. I liked the movie okay. As much as you can for a part II. I already knew 1) it was not a fully resolved ending as there is one more part to come and 2) there is a sci-fi aspect to it with crazy sea monster type stuff. So the chief complaints I heard from others are not mine. I thought it was just fine...I mean really, are you NOT going to see it? I did not, however, have a crazy experience with the popcorn and some dumb girl getting fired. That would have been more exciting.

There was a wonderful thunderstorm today and the temp dropped about 20 degrees (F). It was great, but Hobbes was scared out of his brain. He just crouched and slunk around hiding and didn't even want anyone petting him to comfort him.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a rollicking good time. Besides you can't get a girl fired every time you go to the theater :) Did I mention the nursery looks awesome?

KzooJason said...

Happy belated birthday!